Monday, March 28, 2011

Jam Packed March Madness!

Friday was the beginning of Sterling's 3-day watercolor workshop at the store. Lots of students flew or drove in to study with Sterling Edwards in our classroom at Jerry's Artarama. Here are a few photos from the workshop:

Watching a demonstration

One of Sterling's demonstartion pieces. I LOVE the colors!

And his delightful sunflowers:

Friday night, Joe and I drove down to Southern Pines for my (The Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild's) opening for our current challenge: Take 25. What a great show! And Jean has filled Artist Alley chock full of really cool items. I need to make a trip down there again when I have more time to look at all the art and SHOP!
Here are some photos from that night:

From left: Lucy, Lynn, me, Penny and Michelle


Here is my challenge piece...

Here are some photos of my demo pieces I collaged at the store on Saturday during my demo on Ampersand boards and our new Nepal papers:



The above pieces are 5 x 7 and the ones below are 3 x 4




Now, since I have the day off today, I've been working in the studio on some more 16 x 20 Clayboard pieces. Here's one that's good to go...


AND, I finally got a chance to work on my chair for the auction. Here are some photos of it - (almost done!)



The auction has a theme this year of "Movies". Since I don't really paint realistically, I decided to hand paint the top 101 movies all over the chair...If you look closely, you'll probably see your favorite film of all time! Now I just have to sign it, varnish it and I'm done!



No comments:

Post a Comment