Thursday, March 24, 2011

Latest and Greatest Happenings - March 2011

Here are a couple of photos from my workshop today at Jerry's : Creative Collage Techniques. We had ten wildly talented and energetic women in the workshop. What a whirlwind! Loads of fun and all in just three hours! (Okay...maybe four) But a great time was had by all. We crammed all kinds of techniques into this short period of time! Thanks ladies.

Looking forward to our next creative session together! Hey, if you want to learn a few more tips and techniques, stop by tomorrow at the Raleigh store for my free demo from 1pm - 4pm. I will be highlighting our Nepal papers and Ampersand boards...

Here are some of my new collages using some of my hand painted papers, Nepal papers, Paper bags as well as some of my hand made stamps!
These are the beginning pieces of a new collection I'm working on...
All of them on Ampersand boards of assorted kinds, our new Nepal papers...
Such fun to work on! I'm also experimenting with different compositions. Now all I need is more free time.
Got any?
Wednesday, March 23rd, Heather, Christina and I headed over to the JC Arboretum and met up with some of the folks from the US Fish and Wildlife Services. We were fortunate enough to once again be asked to help judge the participants of the Junior Duckstamp Competition. Hundreds of kids from all over the state enter delightful pieces for this annual competion. The winner, "Best in Show" is shipped to the national competition. Thanks to everyone for their entries! It is always such a delight to see these pieces...

Here are just a few of the entries:


Here is one of my favorites! I referred to it as "The Tree Crasher"

And here is "The Best in Show"

Lastly, I entered a Fabric Swatch Swap with Cloth Paper Scissors just this past week. The deadline is this coming Monday and I actually met the deadline! I'm very proud of myself for that small accomplishment, as I have a ton of things going on, so "woot woot" to me! We were to paint, alter, sew, decorate or do whatever to a piece of fabric, 18" x 36", then cut it into 9" squares for entry into the swap. In return, we will receive a set of 6 different and random 9" x 9" swatches made by someone else in the mail. I'm really looking forward to these pieces and hope to make something fun for my wall with my newly acquired fabrics! Keep posted for updates! Here is a photo of my fabric almost completed and not cut yet...

This is done with the Lumiere paints, handmade stamps and black fabric.

So, tomorrow morning, Sterling Edwards arrives for the beginning of a three day workshop at the store! I know there are many excited students that won't be able to sleep tonight, just knowing they get to study with a really fabulous "life lover" artist friend of mine - for three whole days!

Friday night is our opening in Southern Pines at Artist Alley for the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guils "Take 25" Challenge! I'll post some photos of the pieces and event once I have them. (The entries are still a secret!)

Okay...now off to get into some trouble of some sort...???



No comments:

Post a Comment