Friday, October 23, 2009

OK, I'm addicted!


I'll admit it, I'm addicted to making Bali Bowls. Thanks Cindy!
These are so much fun to make! They take about 3 hours or so and work as great therapy.
I like working on these in the evening after dinner or first thing in the morning before work. I just head out to my studio, crank the music and off I go into the world of creation! I went and picked up some more fabric on Wednesday, just in case I run out of what I have... A girl's got to get all of her ducks in a row, right?
(For those of you who don't know: this addiction is in addition to the ones that I already have that are fine art related!)

Joe and I spent all day yesterday in Sanford judging the Sanford Brush and Palette's 45th Annual Show. WOW! What an undertaking that was! They have over 400 entries, 13 categories with 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and honorable mentions (up to 3 in each), plus Best in Show, 1st Merit, 2nd Merit and a special Expresionistic Painting Award! Holy Cow! Tonight is the reception and awards banquet, so I'll take some photos to post.

Today, it's back to work! Still lots to do in finalizing Art of the Carolinas! Hope you'll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment