Friday, October 2, 2009

October has arrived!

Well, today is the 2nd of October, but I did say "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit" yesterday, so I'm good! Lots of irons in the fire and excitement and a bit of a chill in the air!
I am part of a group show at Capital Bank and tonight is the opening! Here is a link to the art and artists that will be there. Hope you can make it tonight for the reception from 5:30pm-8pm.

This is one of my pieces included in the show.

So, yesterday was a BUSY day at work. We are moving along nicely with our Art of the Carolinas preparations. You are all in for a treat!. And speaking of treats, I finished all of my gift bags for the instructors last night at 10pm! Here is a sneak preview. This is only a partial of the 42 bags:



My sister sent me two new books. Oh boy! These are pretty awesome, as they include the use of fabric and lots of the products we sell in the store, Jerry's Artarama. Most of which I already own, such as Lumiere, Silk Dyes and Paint Sticks. However, there are some new techniques to try, so keep posted. New addictions are on the horizon. Here are the books:

Oh, and speaking of books, I ordered TONS OF FABULOUS TITLES from Northlight Books for the show, so check out the Northlight Booth and also in the workshop area for some great finds. We'll also have book signings throughout the show, as alot of the artists/authors will be there...

Remember I told you we stopped at Jonathan's studio in Greenville? Well, here are the fish I bought:


They don't have a permanent home just yet, but I'm getting there...
Lastly, I have some paintings on the easel that I've been working on. Here are the (blurry) pictures:




Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment