Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun Day Off!

We had way too much fun on our day off in the studio yesterday! Joe and I listened to old rock and roll. Awesome picks. The Who, Talking Heads, Santana, Doors, etc. I am working on products for my first outdoor show, Art in the Gardens. The show is Saturday, 9/18/10 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at Duke Raleigh Hospital, 3400 Wake Forest Road. Right down the street from Jerry's and across the street from the Hilton North Raleigh, where Art of the Carolinas takes place. I am delighted to be one of the 30 or so artists invited to participate in this first Art Show, Art Sale and Raffle! The show is free to the public, rain or shine! So, come on down and check it out. I will have an assortment of items available for sale: bags, bowls, collage items, pillows, and maybe even some encaustic pieces. You name it! I'm pulling out everything under $200 and that's what will be on display and for sale! September is not a bad time to start holiday shopping. Might as well get some bargains going on now and save some time to celebrate instead of last minute crazy shopping! See you there...Saturday, September 18th 10am-5pm. Mark your calendars now~Be there! I made this humongous bowl yesterday, as well as all of these hand painted bags...

Here are some photos:

Here are some of the finished hand painted bags...


This is the HUGE bowl I made. It dwarfs my regular sized pin cushion!

Here's another shot next to my iron. I think it's almost 16" wide across the top...

No comments:

Post a Comment