Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Morning

Is Spring here yet? First I awoke to the darn woodpecker that insists on drilling a hole somewhere on the front of the house, so I knocked on the window and scared him off for the time being...Downstairs to make some coffee and I looked out the window and saw a really fat cardinal sitting in one tree and in another was a really fat robin. Eventhough they were fat, it looked like they were shivering and giving me that look that says, "Is it Spring yet? I'm cold and if you have some food, that works for me." So, I took a hunk of bread and broke it up for the birdies in hopes it would tide them over. I think the woodpecker was either still on the front of the house or pecking on the neighbor's house, so hopefully I won't reinforce him in sticking around. Now I'm out in the studio to look at some of the fabrics I dyed and painted last night.
Here are a few:
The purple is dyed with Jacquard's Procion Dyes and the other is a start with Liquitex Acrylic Inks. My plan is to over dye this piece with a different color.


This is Jacquard's Lumiere and Neopaque Colors



I could paint with this stuff all day!

Well, I'm really excited because Zach is coming home this weekend. Yeh! I miss that boy. Haven't seen him since Christmas. We've all just been working too hard. So, we are looking forward to having some fun.
Until later...Keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment