Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rambling

I hear all this talk of an artist's block. Blah, blah, blah. The first thing we must realize is that we are all different. We are just little individuals trying to make it in this hectic world. We want to fit in, yet be unique. Well, hello to Conflict #1. I think I have always felt like an outsider wanting to fit in with the in crowd. Maybe we all feel that way until we are comfortable in our own skin. I like my own skin actually and have learned over the years to embrace my individuality. I love that creative spirit that likes to shout out at me very now and then. I think we have to learn to be quiet enough to listen to that voice! I think it is the voice of wisdom. Like an old soul that has taken up residence in our most inner thoughts - The voice of knowledge and experience or sometimes that voice of pure and utter enthusiasm for life. The voice of reason. Sometimes it is the voice of reflection and contemplation. The voice of thanksgiving and love. I like to think of mind, body and soul. We need to nurture each of these areas throughout our busy lives and strive for that balance that brings peace. Peace is good. So remember to listen! Sometimes in the hectic chaos of our days, we forget to focus on what really matters. So take time to be thankful and thoughtful of yourself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment