Monday, January 26, 2015

Just finished my first workshop of 2015

Just finished my first workshop of 2015 and boy did we start off with some hot waxy fun! I met with a very talented group of gals who were all very open-minded to the experimental aspect of encaustic painting - so thank you ladies! We worked on all sorts of techniques including priming the boards, adding color, fusing, creating texture, scraping, layering, experimenting with oil sticks, oil pastels, pan pastels and image transfers. I think everyone came away with a new understanding of this intriguing ancient medium and were able to add their own twists to the mix!

Here are a couple of photos that I managed to take on my phone during the workshop:





Click image for full picture!


Hopefully these and more students will join in the upcoming 2 day workshop where we will be getting out the torch and pushing these techniques and more to the next level!
I do have a couple 1 day workshops scheduled prior to the 2 day if you'd like to get in on the fun before April! Check the link below for details or you can always email me at sharon_digiulio@yahoo.com

Won't you join us?

Until next time!
-Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment