Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's all about Layers

I love the excitement of this time of year. This is what I work so hard for. It seems like all the stokes I put in the fire earlier in the year or all the seeds I sow start sprouting all at once. I work like a crazy woman to make it all mesh together in a wonderful weaving. And I love every second of it! I got up early this morning so I could get a load of laundry going, then get out to the studio to straighten up. I counted five projects as I was cleaning up: CanvaSynergy with my girls from the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild. The final project will be revealed at Art of the Carolinas 2011 at the Hilton North Raleigh. That's number 1. Still a work in progress, but here it is so far. Not due until next week!



 Project number 2 is the SketchbookProject. I'm just about finished with that one, but I keep adding just one more thing almost every time I step foot in the studio. Here are a couple of shots - again in progress:





Project number 3 is a piece for the White Show at VAE. The problem is, as I was leaving work last evening looking forward to getting back in the studio and working some more on this piece, I get an email from VAE and the subject reads, "White Show Results". Huh? Wait, did a week go by and I actually missed it? Well, so now, maybe I won't make this thing all white after all!



Project number 4 is some silk scarves. Thanks Roberta for this new addiction! I'm just saying, this is way too much fun. I have everything all staged and ready to go. I just need a bit of time and need to make sure that my boiling pot is actually aluminum...No photos of this yet, but I will post as I get going on #4.

And lastly, project number 5: I have this idea in my head and it concerns one of my obsessions: baby dolls. That's all I'm going to say right now. It's just an idea at this point, but I think it might turn out to be a fun one, so we shall see! Let's just say this is one of my inspirations:



Art of the Carolinas is going strong. I just keep plugging away on all the little projects. This year I will definitely NOT be hand dyeing 750 shirts like I did last year, but I do have some fun surprises in store for the workshoppers, staff and instructors! You'll just have to show up and add to all the fun we're going to have. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You always have SO much going on! Loving all of these 'sneak peeks' -- sorry for the missed deadline (there's always next year)!

    Is it possible that AoC is really 1 month and 2 days away?!? SO, looking forward to that artful madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CanvaSynergy work in progress, Sharon! Ours are joined, and I think they'll look fabulous together. I can't wait to see them all on Thursday.
    Woe is me! I'm doing the Sketchbook Project too, and haven't even begun...time to go create.
    Michelle
    http://artventuring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete